Data/server room air conditioning by precision AC: A commercial data centers are entire building dedicated to store and support a large amount of computing/server hardware and networking systems. A server room is a room specially designed to store servers and they are the part of a data center. Data/server rooms contains devices and information worth millions thus it is important to protect it from any kinds of damage caused by excessive heat and humidity. Climate is one of the factors that affects the energy consumption and environmental impact of a server room. Computer equipment generates heat and is sensitive to heat, humidity and dust thus it is important to maintain a stable temperature and humidity within tight tolerance for IT system reliability. Data/server rooms contain heat sensitive devices if proper air condition and ventilation system is not implemented then there is a risk equipment failure or complete shutdown and even fire. Data/server room requires air conditioning by precision AC (PAC), it is a kind of HVAC system that are designed keeping in mind the essential needs of data/server room. Precision AC are designed to manage high levels of sensible heat providing constant temperature and humidity conditions for sophisticated, expensive and sensitive electronic equipment throughout the year. Precision air conditioning also provide better air distribution, particle filtration within tight tolerances 24 hours a day, they can be remotely monitored and are far better than comfort air conditioning. Here are the problems caused by wrong environment inside data/server room;
- High or low temperature: a rapid temperature swing can corrupt data processing and shut down an entire system. Temperature variations can alter the electrical and physical characteristic of electronic chip causing faulty operations
- High humidity: it can cause deterioration of surface or tape, condensation, corrosion, gold and silver migration causing component and broad failure.
- Low humidity: it generally increases the possibility of static electric discharge which can corrupt data and damage hardware.
Data Center & Server Room Air Conditioning by Precision Air Conditioners
Precision AC is the solution to overcome these problems and our MG Cooling solution provides a complete precision air conditioning solution as per your facility. We are merged with the leading OEM’s in the industry thus providing trustworthy designing, installation, testing and perfect machinery according to your specific requirements. Air conditioning designs for most data centers or server rooms will vary depending on various design considerations and are basically one of the two types:
- Up-flow air conditioning: this type of air conditioning draws air into the front of the air handler unit, cools the air over the heat exchanger then distributes the cooled air through ductwork. It is suitable for retro-fitted computer rooms where raised floors are either of insufficient depth or do not exist at all.
- Down-flow air conditioning: this type of air conditioning unit draws the air into the top of the air handling unit, cools the air over the heat exchanger and then distributes the air. This conditioned air is then discharged into server rooms through strategically placed floor grills and onwards to the equipment rack. It is well suited for new offices where the design can encompass raised floors suitable for ducting to computer racks.
There are several advantages of having precision AC for your data/server rooms:
- Precise and quick processor-based temperature control that keeps IT equipment always at appropriate temperature.
- Precise and steady humidity control required for proper functioning of electronic devices. Fluctuation in humidity levels can impede them in the long run.
- Designed to operate continuously for 24×7, 365 days.
- Precision air conditioners are designed to manage high levels of sensible heat eliminated by machines.
- Precision air conditioning provides better air distribution because they have higher CFM rates that move air volume at higher speed and there are less air borne particles.
- Precision air conditioning can manage higher heat and AC load densities per each unit.
- Several units of precision air conditioners can coordinate with each other and automatically control individual AC loads for effective cooling and are best suited for large spaces.
- Precision air conditioning can deploy new features as their firmware is regularly updated.
- Precision air conditioning provides better and faster support facilities as they were designed according to the critical nature of IT support and maintenance.
- Remotely monitoring is available for quick resolution of problems.
Manufacturing plants and data/server rooms are built with the vision of its long-term success, better outcomes and safety of the machinery, occupants and information worth millions. To ensure its safety and smooth functioning a HVAC or precision AC is required which is designed to fulfil its specific environment needs.